Thursday, November 13, 2008

Moi premier fauche !!!!

Well, the topic means “My First Theft”

I was 5 years old. We were not financially settled then, so I used to go to neighbor’s places and watch their kids playing with toys. That was my best pastime at that age. I particularly liked a toy-train. It’s big in size and it gives tak-tak sound while running. Whenever I listen to that sound, it gives sheer joy in me. The kid who used to play with the train always offers the toy to me for playing, but even at that age I was very reluctant in touching it. I had a feel that it doesn’t belong to me, also what if I broke it? My dad definitely can’t replace it. So I just avoided those things. At that time I was such a nice kid, that I never asked anything from parents. My mom used to tell me that if at all I ask something, it’ll be in polite manner and I always add one last sentence to it “when u have money buy that for me dad” 

I was also very proud about this and couple of years passed, at the age of 7, as a kid I got the irresistible urge to own something. I can’t digest the fact that I don’t have anything to play with. There were a family, couple of houses away from us. His dad used to buy him lots of toys. The devil inside me urged to steal one for me. I went to his house and that kid was playing with the toys and I also joined with him. He’s younger to me and so I have a little over-hand on him. After sometime that aunty bought us milk to drink and this guy was just running away and she was trying to catch him. I decided, yes, this is the moment. I snatched a tiniest car in the lot and put it in my pocket silently. It just happened instantly and I was thrilled for that fraction of second.

I came home with a happy note, but somewhat something was pinching me from inside. I know how my parents value ethics and how they fear for GOD. That night I just felt very bad, it’s just swing of emotions and I cried that night for what I have done. All I felt was, I did a wrong thing. Next day evening, after my school, I went straight to his house. He greeted me with the same smile and I also managed to smile at him. Then at one point of time, I just took the car from my pocket and was about to put it back in the lot. Well, my worse time, the kid saw that. He couldn’t grasp anything but he just felt bad. He stopped speaking to me and in couple of months they moved away from our house.

That day, that particular look from that kids face, I was very ashamed; I apologized to him whenever I go to temple. I still donno whether he forgives me or not but for me I still feel guilty. That was my first and last theft.

PS: that kid name is Faiyaz.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the honesty -- both in ur words and actions .. kudos ...

Agni said...

Faiyaz Ahmed who stayed near the Arul malar school? His dad used to run a garment factory rite?

So inference -- God put u back into good track?! ;) :))

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

illa maapla not him, intha payanoda appa worked in govt job...he got trasfered to some north india i guess !!!!

God put me back in good track a???? dei goyaala...kadavula namburavan thaan olukamaa irukanumnu sattama ???? appo enakku thoondukola irundadhu kadavul thaan...apuram ethu sari ethu thappunu naane mudivu panna aarambichutten !!!!

PS: appo thirunthaama irundurunda...naan innoru "maapi" aagi iruppen
PPS: maapi ippo enga irukaanu theriuma da ????
PPPS: un panam thirumba kidaichuda ?????