Monday, December 1, 2008

COMICS !!!!!

I was just thinking abt the stuffs that i am missing now. One prominent factor that got my attention is COMICS !!!!

it was the start of 90s and i was getting acquainted with tamil by reading ananda vikatan(i was only 8 when i started reading Vikatan, still i feel that i'm 3-4 years late ). Then my uncle, Mani mama (dad's best friend) introduced me to the whole new world of imagination and creativity. I dont remember the first comics i had read, but i still remember that i spent almost all my vacations with these comics(till eleventh std ;))

The characters i still remember are, rip gerby(my personal fav), mandiravathy mandrake, irumbukai maayavi, 13, tex willer, maayavi, spider and last but not the least...the one and only lucky luke !!!! wow, these characters formed integral part of me when i was growing. i wanted to be irumbu kai, as witty as mandrake, as strong as mayaavi and spider, as smart as tex willer, as swift as rip gerby and finally as cool as lucky luke and posses a girl friend like madesty :)

The Lion and Muthu comics were at their best. The Rani comics is really a crap one as i dont like the font\pics and also the story they pick.(i love the madesty series alone) They were my best pal at that time along with "SHAKTIMAAN". These superheroes inspired me larger than life stuffs. As a very ordinary person, i started adoring these characters. They are best entertainment i ever had !!!!!

I also found an interesting blog on comics(http://comicology.blogspot.com/). Absolute nostalgia !!!!


PS: 6 years later i came to know Rip Gerby is a baldy !!!!
PPS: I have seen him without HAT in only one comic series !!!!
PPPS: he he he he !!!!!

2 comments:

Agni said...

Ha ha ha... True Srini. I don't remember when I started reading Tamil, but I'm sure it was sometime close to my I or II stds... Siruvar malar was my fav for a long time and there used to be a time I read the book within 20 mins of its arrival and I was almost addicted to it :D When it comes to comics, Phantom was my hero and I loved Mandhiravaadhi Mandrake too. Apart from that my interests were mostly on the religious front... Mahabharatha, Ramayana, etc; and I also loved Vikramaaditthan kadhaigal. When it comes to TV, Mahabharatha and Jungle book were my favorites! :) Well... I should say I miss those days!

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

:)

siruvarmalar is my fav too....i'm too much addicted to "naaluvariyil oru seithi"...though there's a conspiracy over the authentication of those info...but also i love reading it !!!!