Saturday, October 11, 2008

First lesson from Dad: How to drive Bullet ?

Today, My dad taught me to drive Bullet. A Lifetime experience, actually my dad went to singapore\Brunei for earning when i was studying 7th Std.He used to come once in 2 yrs..stay home for a month and then return.So i never learnt anything from Dad. (He didn't even taught me to shave :)). All the life lessons was taken by my mom and she has actually made me a sponge:)

It was quiet a different inspiration from Dad today. i was driving(Royal Enfield 350 cc standard) and he was teaching me how to change gears\apply brakes and stuffs...a car was coming just in our lane in opposite direction (maduraila entha naayum traffic rules madikaadu) and i was little scared and about to get down the road. My dad hold me strongly and put the bike back on road and when the car came close to us, it just gave way for us to go. Dad told me that "u r not driving scooty to get down the road & give way...u r in a bullet so just drive & people give way" A simple thing told in Firm and Steady voice with complete authority on situation. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dad, if only u could have given some guidance few years back...i will be more strong now to face things. It's too late to ask and it's too less to give !!!!

PS : I know to drive Bullet but just wanted to have sometime with Dad.

3 comments:

Raji said...

why too late thatha vayuteengaala enna rendu perum?. Same here...dad was in police and didnt have time for us. this time when I went he taught me how to drive a car...funny right and then we also talked about "kaathal endral enna"?. If it can happen bet a daughter and appa...it can also happen between a son and appa. come on guys...pesunga..dont miss the chance.

PS: I also used to drive in India...but appa was known to be the best in chasing :-) (though he was an officer...he used to drive jeaps when he was in narcotics and prohibition while chasing ongala maathiri criminals)

PPs: I also concluded to him that his love during his college days was not a love...but infatuation. :-).

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

Ippo poi pesurathukku konjam thayakama irukku !!! The gap is definitely there and it will take some time bridge it.Also veetukku mootha payana irukurathulla idaan prachanai...enakku oru annano illa akkavo irunda naan konjam secured a feel panni iruppen and innum konjam aatam potruppen :)


PS: Ennathu, ungapaa POLICE a????
PPS: Narcoticsku vandi ottunara illa police la driver a irundaara..unmaiya sollunga :)

Agni said...

Hmm... Oru kadhayin kadhai...