Friday, October 10, 2008

Ergonomic session on back care

Today we had a session on Ergonomics for Back Care, as i was the DRR (Disaster Recovery Representative \ disaster creator) it was mandatory for me to attend.

The instructor was soo cute and i was very much in the session. She was explaining various types of body aches which normally people face in the profession. The pain ranges from head to toe. There were 30 peoples attending the session. For each pain at least 3-4 peoples were admitting that they face it in workplace.

After she completed the session I was soo happy that i didn't have any such pains in workplace. I walked back happily appreciating my ease with ergonomics that my body is already programmed in natural way that i don’t need an instructor. When i was about to reach my cubicle i realized that, these pains people will encounter when:
1) They sit n work for more than 8 hrs per day!!!!
2) They type for more than 5-6 hrs per day!!!!
3) They watch the monitor too close!!!!
4) Their seats are more grounded and wrong seating positions!!!!

Now, i know why i was not getting any pains...i have never ever WORKED that way

PS: i told this finding to Karthi...he told me "mudugu vali ellam velai paakuravangalukkuthaan varum...athanaala neenga kavala padaathinga"

PPS: Back pain will occur only if u work...so u don’t worry

No comments: