Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hits counter in blog

The Hit list that comes in my blog kindled great interest at the start. I forget where i saw first, but it was a little struggle for an half-baked IT guy like me to add the same to my blog. I managed to do that at last, then i become too much obsessed with the same.

Everyday, will login to my blog and i'll check for the hits. If the Hit was less than 10 , it really pisses me off for the whole day. I know lots of people and i was assuming that atleast 25 people will cross my blog as their routine. When the results does not match my predictions it became a thorn in my head.

I was trying almost all stupid things to run the meter fast and i end up doing one thing, that is, refresh the page 10 times daily morning and thus increasing the count by 10. I did this for around a month and finally i realized that i'm as usual victimizing myself for unknown pleasure.

I stopped doing that one fine morning and i forgot the whole episode of hits. I saw the hits today and it crossed 11250. Let it be, who cares now ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well now itz 11313....
63 in 3 days and that way more than ur expectation of 10/day i guess... :)