Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No TV !!!!!!!

I was talking to deeja other day. The topic went from project to public life to various topics and finally i told her about the delhi-6 songs. To my amazement, she said, she dint knew about it. I told her to watch TV coz every now n then they're screening the trailer. She gave me an ultimate reply:

" No TV in our House."

I was shocked for sometime and cant digest that news. She's married and got a kid but still she don't have TV in her house.I yelled "Thats a sin". I stressed her again and confirmed the news. She was very subtle and little surprised with my shocking expressions. I asked her why and she said:

"We decided to spend some good time with each other, so we prefer talking to each other everyday rather than watching TV..."

All this time they spent on talking and understanding each other. It was an eye-opener for me. TV was very much an integral part of me. i really cant imagine a life without TV. Even though crap programme is on, i used to watch\surf channels. After she said that , i realized how much time i spent on TV rather than with people. In home, i always watch TV, i don't spend much time with my parents\sister or even friends. i do spend a lot of time in front of TV and lots of time i ignored peoples for the sake of cricket match\movie\song....I felt guilt that day !!!!!!

Thanks Deeja for this enlightenment and happy birthday to you !!!!

3 comments:

Rams said...

:).. good one! Yes, in fact, TV is no longer an integral part of my life... even when i was in hyd, i grew out of compulsive tv watching... now it's just an option, not a compulsion... and yeah, here in the US we have a tv, but no cable connection...so that's being used only to watch dvds occasionally...

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

i m reducing it as much as possible but still its hard !!!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, that's true about TV.
I also feel the same thing, but not able to change anyone.

Salute to Deeja's decision.